Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Software

Is there software which I can download for the pod xt pro?  I bought it in 2003 but until now I haven't really worked with it.  But realize that I need some software.  I am running Catalina.

I have backed up the midi information for all channels using sysex librarian.  But I don't now how to download the backup data onto the pod xt pro if I needed to.

I feel like rip van winkle here.  I really like the amp models and I have spent 9 hours tweaking them.

Speaking of which the "effect tweak" knob has problems changing the parameters.  It spins freely, but only occasionally changes data.  Can take 10 or 12 turns to move the digital data one place.

Catalina is rather new and the XT is rather old. I don't see any software available in the download area that is compatible for both, but that doesn't mean (for certain) that older versions won't work. EG: I know several of the Windows 7 versions work with Windows 10. 

I also keep an old Windows 7 desktop for pesky "old duties". They can be had for dirt cheap ($25 - $50) and will run old software forever.  Every now and then I need to connect something archaic for various reasons, and it never lets me down :) 

Since you haven't used it in a while, the Effect Tweak knob may have oxidized. Try spinning it back and forth for a while and see if that helps. If you have contact cleaner, pull the knob off and shoot a little of that on it (while the unit is powered off) and then spin the knob back and forth for a little while. Then power on and try it again. 

• Like 1