Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Channel Switching Boss Katana

MusicMan4274

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a Boss Katana amp. I'm either between the 100w/2x12 combo, or the 100w head.

I want to use the amps channels, but use Helix to do the switching. I'd like to set up 4 snapshots (clean, crunch, OD, lead), and have the Katana switch with each of those.

I know the 100w Katana head has midi functionality and will do all this, but I like the idea of the combo amp for portability.

So does anyone know if Helix will do proper channel switching on a Katana combo amp thru the footswitch jacks on the amp?

Thanks

Ok my other option would be the Katana Artist then (1x12 speaker, has midi in).

My only concern with that...I've been playing a Marshall MG100fx for years thru a marshall 4x12 cab. Would the 1x12 speaker on the Katana be hard for me to deal with?

I'm mostly a bedroom player, and don't crank it up much to begin with.

A 1x12 will never sound like a 4x12. If you mostly play in the bedroom, you rarely get to hear your 4x12 in all it's full-throated glory anyhow, and odds are you won't be using your Katana with more than 1 watt anyway. Just be aware that the Katana speaker is designed to be used with 100 watts. You will NOT hear speaker breakup at bedroom levels.