Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - Can't change sound after update to 2.90

chris_n

I've just updated my HX stomp to 2.90, and now I can't change effects at all. It's stuck on the sound it loads on startup. When I select different presets, or change blocks etc, nothing happens - the same patch is in effect the whole time.

Any ideas what I can do about this?  I tried a factory reset through HX Edit, but that didn't help.

I also tried restoring from a backup, but while doing this it times out with error code -8212, and the unit locks up until I reboot.

You can't do a Factory reset through HX Edit.

Did you do the update through HX Edit?

If so, then do a Factory reset by re-booting the Helix while holding down buttons 9+10.

If you did the backup during the update, you can restore it after the reset.

• Like 1

Hi, 

I had the same error today!

After updating Helix LT Firmware to 2.91 (via HX-Edit 2.9) some days ago my Helix LT worked fine until today!

When I tried to save a preset or tried to load a new preset the error 8212 occurs (message: timeout waiting for a response from device) !

Change of PCs USB port, restart of PC - nothing seems to help!

After all I powered off the Helix LT, and powered it on again. Now it seems to work as before! :-)

Strange ...

Kind Regards

Bernie  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

had the same problems twice now (with 2.90 and now with 2.91) ... normally it goes away after switching off and on again, but the first time I had reset and restore my backup. It never happened before with 2.8x, only after the update to 2.90. If I would be performing with unit right now, I would not feel confident!!! Being a software engineer myself I know it is really hard to fix something which is only occurring sporadically ... but pls try anyway :-)

Thanks

Matthias