Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Tuner?

welliott

Is there a built-in tuner for Native?  If yes, how do I use it?  It's not in the manual.

I've spent 30 minutes searching these forums and Google.  No clear answers other than some joke release notes post with no valid link or info addressing where the heck the tuner is.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, welliott said:

Is there a built-in tuner for Native?  If yes, how do I use it?  It's not in the manual.

I've spent 30 minutes searching these forums and Google.  No clear answers other than some joke release notes post with no valid link or info addressing where the heck the tuner is.

Thank you.

Hi W Elliott,

As you have probably realised by now - there isn’t a tuner in HXN, never has been and I’m not so sure that there ever will be. IIRC, the reason the tuner is not included is the fact that as Native runs inside a DAW a tuner is probably already in the workstation. Essentially- no point in duplicating a feature that’s there, is the Line 6 product manger’s reasoning.

Oh, yes - the joke references are more than likely aimed at a user on the main Helix forum pages. Right from the off, “spikey” was pestering for a tuner in HX Edit and later Native - it has become a bit of a running joke to many people, especially around firmware update time.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Stay safe.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, cweilburg said:

Your right, my DAW does have a tuner, Guitar Rig 5. For $400 bucks it should have had an integrated Looper also.

Wow!

A tuner, and a looper!

Perfect, stay with Guitar Rig 5 if you’re happy with that, nobody is making you use Helix Native.

That’s your decision - whatever floats your boat.

Hmmmmm. "Honest Amp Sim Reviews" provides the most accurate and thorough online reviews I've found for guitar and bass amp modelers. That's how I discovered the modelers I use in the studio (currently Helix Native and S-Gear). He gave Guitar Rig 5 only 2.5 stars out of 5 —vs 5 out of 5 for Native. I'll let him explain why:

Guitar Rig 5 Review

Helix Native Review

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, datacommando said:

IIRC, the reason the tuner is not included is the fact that as Native runs inside a DAW a tuner is probably already in the workstation. Essentially- no point in duplicating a feature that’s there, is the Line 6 product manger’s reasoning.

I'm long time Line6 user since the POD Live XT and this is frustrating to me. Everything at this point of view is wrong. Helix Native is amp sim suite, meaning, it should contain everything guitarists/ bassists would need and tuner is the single most used tool. Every amp sim suite comes with tuner (Guitar Rig, Amplitube, Overloud), as it was in Pod Farm (if you didn't know Line 6 made it). To this day I use free Pod Farm 2 because of that tuner (best tuner I ever tried). Where is the problem to include tuner in Helix Native as they did it in Pod Farm?

2 hours ago, nezvers said:

To this day I use free Pod Farm 2 because of that tuner (best tuner I ever tried). Where is the problem to include tuner in Helix Native as they did it in Pod Farm?

Hi,

Download the new Helix Native v. 3.0. It is free to try for15 days, and now includes a TUNER! Yay! Happy, happy, happy.

That’s the power of people voting for it to be included.

Oh, yes, I still own POD Farm, a POD XT Live and a POD HD500 along with a Helix floor and Helix Native.

Hope this helps/makes sense.