Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What to expect connecting an HD500X to Variax 700

Hi,

First post here so please go easy for the noobie questions.

I had an old POD 2.0 many years ago but haven’t really dabbled in anything newer so  not up on the latest lingo for the line6 kit and it’s connectivity options.

ive currently got an HD500X still in its box as I’ve yet to have time to play with it.

I’ve got a lead on a Variax 700 electric which Is like to use with the HD500X. I know that I’ll need to use 2 different versions of workbench to work with each device but what are the benefits of connecting a Variax to POD device if they’re from different generations. Will it still work?

Thanks in advance

Nick

700 works with original Workbench only, and is incompatible with HD series of products.

Playing thru it is one thing, using Monkey and Workbench is something else.

JTV prior to Flash 2.00 and early version Variax won't update thru the 500X, and only

Workbench HD works with the 500X. Best to use the interface device kit and go direct for

connect a 700 to a computer directly, you decide to get an HD500X.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I understand that I’ll need to use the 2 different versions of workbench for each product.

If I connect the 700 to a Hd500x by VDI cable can I still switch setting for the variax?

What can I not do with an original variax compared with a JTV when connected to the HD500X?

Yes,... playing thru it shouldn't be a problem, it's making use of Monkey and old Workbench that won't recognize

the 700. With the JTV you can play thru and use Monkey and Workbench HD, provided that your JTV has Flash

v2.00 or higher, where the HD series starts for the JTV guitars.