Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 WORKS IN ONE ROOM BUT NOT THE OTHER

I have a laptop with WIndows 10. When i am upstairs using my toneport it works fine. When i go downstairs away from my family, it fails like i need to install new drivers. Buzzes and hisses. Can't listen to Youtube. Half of the Podfarm effects dont load.. WORTHLESS. I thought it was the drivers. UNISTALLED. REINSTALLED. NOTHING.  Changed usb cable. Changed power supply. Nothing. Go back upstairs. WORKS PERFECTLY.  IS MY BASEMENT CURSED? This is the lamest thing ever.  I cant record my vocals upstairs while my wife and kid are watching tv.   I had the TONEPORT UX2 on my desktop in the same basement. It failed after a while too.  I was so happy to get this laptop running so i could use the effects on it again.  I even had it running upstairs and carried it down to the basement while talking into the mic while carrying the toneport. it stayed working obviously but i needed to restart to see if i could set up down there for good. Restarted. Toneport failed. Brought the toneport back up to my kitchen and turned it on. Works perfectly.  HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP.

The toneport won't act right with the desktop down there either but all the computers run fine. Had to use a behringer umc2020 on the desktop just to keep doing my projects. The toneport doesn't have its own power supply.