Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Command Center assignments saved per snapshot?

SaschaFranck

I  noticed that this is happening, at least for the looper commands.

I really don't think it makes much sense, so I'm wondering whether it's intentional or a bug. I mean, you don't have FS 3 controlling a drive on snapshot #1 and a delay on snapshot #4, either, simply because it'd make little sense (or at least add confusion), so it should be no different with control center assignments. At least, if it was intentional, there should be a "Snapshot Bypass" option as with other blocks.

I can't speak to the Looper commands because I don't use it, but the rest makes no sense. If FS3 controls a drive, it will always control that drive, regardless of snapshots. If it's not ON in a Snapshot and you manually turn it on, it can stay ON between Snapshots (Snapshot Bypass), it can follow the Snapshots (ON or OFF) and revert to it's Snapshot default when you return to that Snapshot (Snapshot Edits=Discard) or remain ON when you return to the Snapshot (Snapshot Edits=Recall), but it will always be assigned to that drive.

Maybe you could be more specific, and attach a copy of a preset that demonstrates what you're talking about?

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

I can't speak to the Looper commands because I don't use it, but the rest makes no sense. If FS3 controls a drive, it will always control that drive, regardless of snapshots. If it's not ON in a Snapshot and you manually turn it on, it can stay ON between Snapshots (Snapshot Bypass), it can follow the Snapshots (ON or OFF) and revert to it's Snapshot default when you return to that Snapshot (Snapshot Edits=Discard) or remain ON when you return to the Snapshot (Snapshot Edits=Recall), but it will always be assigned to that drive.

I know all this - but I was talking about Command Center.

Maybe you could be more specific, and attach a copy of a preset that demonstrates what you're talking about?

Sure. Attached preset has:

Snapshot 1: Looper Record/Overdub on FS2, Play/Stop on FS3.

Snapshot 2: Looper Record/Overdub on FS2, Looper/Record on FS3 as well.

That just doesn't make any sense.

Command Center settings should either stay the same patch-wide or offer a "Snapshot Bypass" functionality.

CCenterSShot.hlx

6 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

I know all this - but I was talking about Command Center.

Sure. Attached preset has:

Snapshot 1: Looper Record/Overdub on FS2, Play/Stop on FS3.

Snapshot 2: Looper Record/Overdub on FS2, Looper/Record on FS3 as well.

That just doesn't make any sense.

Command Center settings should either stay the same patch-wide or offer a "Snapshot Bypass" functionality.

CCenterSShot.hlx 11.76 kB · 0 downloads

Like I said, I don't use the Looper, and you're using the new Command Center functions, so you should probably contact support to find out what L6's logic is.on this. Maybe it IS a bug?

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Like I said, I don't use the Looper, and you're using the new Command Center functions, so you should probably contact support to find out what L6's logic is.on this. Maybe it IS a bug?

That's why I was checking here. Line 6 could watch this place if they wanted.