Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit, combining similar Presets into Snapshots

GrampaBob

What's the quickest way to make 4 presets that are very similar in block structure, and turn it into 1 preset with 4 snapshots?

I bought some presets online in a bundle to find the user made 4 presets of the same amp and all very close but are saved as presets.  These should be made into snapshots to free up library space since all the blocks are pretty much the same minus the usual "snapshot" type of tweaks.  There are more presets in this bundle but I'm just using this as an example.  I have maybe 15-20 to convert over.  How can I convert this easily?  Thnx. 

What a pain ack!

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. You can't combine separate presets into one preset with snapshots.

The blocks in the preset can't be swapped out for other blocks, or re-arranged. You can only tweak the settings of the existing blocks, in the existing order.

You'll need to examine the settings for the blocks in the separate presets, write them down, and use them as Tweaks to the blocks in the existing preset using snapshot.