Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI Expression Pedal

PerS

Thanks for the reply emillkap

I was also looking for the footsw, both units looks really good and would give me a great flexibility (will use it with Cakewalk, but have to check that too). Thought of use the FS3 to engage the EX3 and the onboard pedal instead of the "move function".

One more quick question - Do you see any reason why the EX3 wouldn't work with the Helix (the FS3 looks like a no brainer)? Only thing I see is that there is only one midi command to toggle the state function of the pedal, midi CC#59/0-127, and guess its for the onboard unit (would have expect it to be more then one CC#, one per pedal, but haven't dug into that yet).

Take care... //Per

Thanks for the reply soundog, and also verified some of my other thoughts

Well it's always a budget question :-)... I looked at the M-Audio as it came up in another thread. Haven't seen the Yamaha before though, will look into that also. Before I "went midi" I also had Boss EV-30 on my list. Size (have dramatically down sized my pedal board) and compatibility to Helix was top priority. During the process I saw application that I probably need midi support and that's why EX3 (and FS3) came up. Had a Behringer FCB1010 with a UnO-chip and the editor, could do a whole bunch of magic. Was part of my POD XT and POD HD Pro rig (incl RJM Mini Effect switch Gizmo for external stomps) and controlling my DAW.  So if I can't verify that the EX3 and Helix can handle the job through midi I will go for the one of the two analog choices above.  

Take care... //Per