Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

String effect on Helix HX?

Chipmunk

Hi. I've recently bought a Helix HX to pimp up my violin and viola. So far I do like many of the presets, But, in my band I have also a strong need for the string effect in some of my songs. String should be a multi copy of my tone with a little touch of detune, to simulate an orchestra. Is this possible on the Helix HX? I assume this should be combined with reverb and may be also some delay and chorus. These effects I know how to add.

Hope some one can come up with a solution. Thanks in advance.

"Chipmunk"

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "string effect". Did you have another effect unit that had an effect that went by this name?

1 hour ago, Chipmunk said:

String should be a multi copy of my tone with a little touch of detune, to simulate an orchestra.

That sounds to me like a chorus effect, of which there are a few on the Helix that you can try. 

6 hours ago, Chipmunk said:

Is this possible on the Helix HX?

Modulation > Double Take

Just a week ago I was still searching for ways to fake a doubler using chorus, and it's been under my nose the entire time. 

I just applied it to some presets/snapshots and it works better than I would have hoped. 

6 hours ago, Chipmunk said:

String should be a multi copy of my tone with a little touch of detune, to simulate an orchestra.

You can control the number of voices, the depth of "slop" (seems like detuning and timing) as well as the sensitivity and separate volumes for direct and effect signal.  

That may be enough to get you what you want... or you can combine it with some chorus to thicken it more!