Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

For an even better POD Go

ElectroStrat

Hello everyone and especially Line 6 team,

I purchased a POD Go two weeks ago and I'm very happy by the sound quality and the user interface friendliness. It's really a joy to use. Having said that, I'm a bit frustrated by two things :

• Missing effects in particular Cosmos Echo (Space Echo)

It's not clear to me whether those effects are not included because they consume too much DSP resource or because their codes are too big in terms of storage.

For the first reason, I would be happy to be able to use the iconic Space Echo model even if I cannot use other blocks due to the DSP resource constraint.

For the second reason, maybe the available 128 IR slots storage could be used to add the missing effects for those like me who don't use IR.

If technically possible, please add the missing effects.

• DSP usage

The simplicity of the user interface is great. However, it would be handy to know the DSP consumption of each effect / model during the selection and the total DSP consumption of the complete signal chain. Then there would be no surprise to see some grayed out effects. This additional information could be displayed only if the user wants to optimise the number of effects he/she can use.

Thanks for any  feedback and greetings from France.

3 hours ago, phil_m said:

Yes, Cosmos Echo was one of the effects that was left off because of its DSP usage. Storage has nothing to do with it.

That's good to know.

I've read with interest the following thread and web site :

Pod Go DSP processing power- has anyone yet hit a DSP limit? - POD Go - Line 6 Community

Helix DSP Allocations – BenVesco.com Store

By extrapolating (in a pessimistic way) the value of the Cosmos Echo for the POD Go, the DSP usage should be around 45%-50%. So at least, the Cosmos Echo could be used with any Amp.

Again, that would be awesome if the missing effects are added to the POD Go.