Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 300 and Firehawk FX

Hi to all. I bought a used variax 300 and some things are very new to me. I use a firehawk fx to connect the variax and run the app on android but I don't have the tunings available. They are not high lighted to make the choices. All other things are fine, AFAIK. When I call, for ex, a patch DADGAD Kashmir or Open A Brn Sugar, I can see the alt tunings but not the altered sound. It still standard. Is this a limitation on firehawk or something goes wrong? I use the original cable to connect. The alt tunings chosen directly from Variax are fine. Don't know if I can install the monkey to make it better (people tell me is not possible run the monkey with firehawk). The dealer here are not so great and I cant even find the interface to connect on PC. Thanks for any help.

20201122_082031.jpg

The Variax 300 does not have the same alternate tuning capabilities as the later Variaxes, beginning with the JTV models. You can’t control the Variax 300 tuning directly from a Firehawk preset as you can a Variax JTV.

The Variax 300 handles alternate tunings using the Variax Workbench program (not Workbech HD). The alternate tuning is embedded within the Variax model stored on the guitar. You can use the Firehawk preset to recall that model, thereby accessing the stored alternate tuning.

Ok. Thanks for the help. So with the VDI USB Interface I'll be able to manage that tunings, right? The sad thing is I am in Brasil and cant find the product and the stores where I find it dont send to Brasil.... is spensive (for us is more since 1 dollar = 5,40 reais) and cant put my hands on that... thanks again