Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native not working in Reaper

jbennet3200

Just purchased Helix Native after using my LT for awhile and downloaded Reaper. I can add a track, add fx and Native will load. However trying to load any presets gives the error message "Helixcore: Invalid model: code 10003021. I can add different amps/effects to build a preset but I can't move them around or delete them, gives error message Failed to remove item. (An invalid parameter was specified code -4)

9 hours ago, jbennet3200 said:

Just purchased Helix Native after using my LT for awhile and downloaded Reaper. I can add a track, add fx and Native will load. However trying to load any presets gives the error message "Helixcore: Invalid model: code 10003021. I can add different amps/effects to build a preset but I can't move them around or delete them, gives error message Failed to remove item. (An invalid parameter was specified code -4)

Hi,

You don’t mention what computer and operating system you are using for the version of Reaper you downloaded. I ask because the error you mention is something that I have never encountered, but I have a nagging suspicion that it maybe that you have the 32bit version of Reaper installed and Helix Native requires the 64bit version in order to work as expected.

That’s the only thing I can suggest at the moment.

Hope this helps/makes sense

3 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

You don’t mention what computer and operating system you are using for the version of Reaper you downloaded. I ask because the error you mention is something that I have never encountered, but I have a nagging suspicion that it maybe that you have the 32bit version of Reaper installed and Helix Native requires the 64bit version in order to work as expected.

That’s the only thing I can suggest at the moment.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Hi, I'm running windows 10 and the version of Reaper is 6.16 and it is the 64 bit version.  Its the only option available to download from what I could see.  Could it possibly be something like copying the .dll file for Native into the Reaper directory?

8 hours ago, jbennet3200 said:

Hi, I'm running windows 10 and the version of Reaper is 6.16 and it is the 64 bit version.  Its the only option available to download from what I could see.  Could it possibly be something like copying the .dll file for Native into the Reaper directory?

Hi again,

Sorry about that, but it was a long shot as I use Logic on a Mac. I have a copy of Reaper lurking on my computer that I have used previously to try and either recreate or fix issues that have come up on here. I won’t be in the studio until later today and then I will see how Reaper and Native 3 work together for me. 

Meanwhile, I notice that you posted on Reddit without result, but you say you raised a ticket with Customer Support. That is possibly the best thing to do as I have not encountered any similar reports of this.

Also, as you mentioned that you had only recently downloaded Reaper, it may be worth having a look at this:

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando

14 hours ago, jbennet3200 said:

Reaper is 6.16 and it is the 64 bit version.

Update to previous post.

I loaded Native 3 both as VST 3 and then as AU plugins into my version of Reaper on the Mac which is still on v.6.10/64 rev d5f520 from May 2020. Both ran perfectly as expected -  no noise whatsoever.

I may try downloading the latest version tomorrow to see if that is any different.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:39 AM, jbennet3200 said:

version of Reaper is 6.16 and it is the 64 bit version

Update 2

Sorry to say, I have just tested Native in Reaper v.6.16 on the Mac, and cannot get it to reproduce what you are experiencing.

I would suggest that you raise a ticket with Customer Support.