Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wireless Variax!

dennisvasek

So, I was in my local guitar store and noticed a Line 6 Relay G70 for sale. I'm a fan of Line 6 products. I own a Variax JTV-59, Pod HD500X, DT-50 212 and most recently got a Helix and a Powercab+ 112. My normal setup is the Variax -> Helix and PC+. I love the tone and the flexibility!

The only complaint I have is that I'm tethered as there is no wireless VDI option. Until I saw this...

The pedal on the box clearly shows "Variax+" ... could it be? Finally a wireless Variax solution?!?

Sadly, no. Just the marketing trolls at Line 6 working overtime.

I get that Line 6 is completely allowed to advertise their other products this way, in this case to help boost sales of the Variax. But you know what else would boost sales of the Variax? Actually offering a wireless VDI solution!

Wireless Variax.jpg

13 hours ago, dennisvasek said:

So, I was in my local guitar store and noticed a Line 6 Relay G70 for sale. I'm a fan of Line 6 products. I own a Variax JTV-59, Pod HD500X, DT-50 212 and most recently got a Helix and a Powercab+ 112. My normal setup is the Variax -> Helix and PC+. I love the tone and the flexibility!

The only complaint I have is that I'm tethered as there is no wireless VDI option. Until I saw this...

The pedal on the box clearly shows "Variax+" ... could it be? Finally a wireless Variax solution?!?

Sadly, no. Just the marketing trolls at Line 6 working overtime.

I get that Line 6 is completely allowed to advertise their other products this way, in this case to help boost sales of the Variax. But you know what else would boost sales of the Variax? Actually offering a wireless VDI solution!

Wireless Variax.jpg

This has been discussed ad nauseum over the years, including official polling by the powers that be to gauge interest... the problem is cost and complexity of design. For this to work, signal has to travel both to and from the guitar... with every other wireless on earth, it's only going one way. At the time they were quoting a price of $1K... predictably, there weren't too many takers at that price point, and it was shelved. Don't hold your breath.

• 1 year later...