Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV-69 not found by Workbench or Monkey

Hi all,

I've opened two tickets with Line 6 but haven't got anywhere and was wondering whether anyone on here has some wisdom to share.

As the title suggests, I have a JTV-69 that I have just bought. It communicates with the Helix via the VDI cable perfectly but scanning in Workbench doesn't find it.

Yes, I have done all the troubleshooting: 1/4" jack plugged in, fully charged battery, volume turned up, model select knob engaged. I have a JTV-59 which connects instantly every time. Both lights on the interface are green. I thought it may be that the JTV has old firmware so I tried to connect to L6 Monkey- same issue. Monkey recognises the interface but not the Variax.

This is getting really frustrating and I guess my next step is to take it back to the store and get them to order another JTV-69 to try. It also has major 'plinking' issues, which I wanted to try to mitigate with some of the Workbench tips I've come across (trying neutral bodies etc). I'm thinking it may just be a lemon. On the plus-side, it plays beautifully.

Any advice?

• 5 weeks later...