Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD PRO: Dry Out / Input settings

McCaereth

Hey everybody,

I want to record my dry guitarsignal from the Dry Out jack at the backside of my POD HD PRO. With one of my Guitar (Schecter Reaper 6) the dry guitar signal overdrive although activated PAD on the frontside. Even if I screw down the pickups, the signal remains overdriven. 

I record the signal with an external audiointerface (Presonus USB 2.0) and Logic Pro X. The Input of the audiointerface is already set to the minimum level. The settings in Logic do not matter, because the signal is already overdriven after the audio interface.

Is there a way to reduce the input signal? I won't like to turn down the volume control on my guitar.

I hope you can help me.

4 hours ago, McCaereth said:

Is there a way to reduce the input signal? I won't like to turn down the volume control on my guitar.

If you don't want to use the guitar volume control you could use instead a physical Volume pedal (not to be confused with an Expression pedal)..

..or alternatively forgo the use of Dry Out and instead have the device process the signal with a Volume Pedal block in the chain that is able to lower the level of the input signal. In this case you should connect one of the POD standard outputs to your AI.

Forgot to say (first thing to check) that your AI input should be set to accept the same type of signal set at the POD output.

LINE goes to LINE, and MIC/INST goes to MIC/INST. Mismatching input and outputs types of signal creates always problems, like unwanted distortion or excessive background noise.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

21 hours ago, hurghanico said:

If you don't want to use the guitar volume control you could use instead a physical Volume pedal (not to be confused with an Expression pedal)..

..or alternatively forgo the use of Dry Out and instead have the device process the signal with a Volume Pedal block in the chain that is able to lower the level of the input signal. In this case you should connect one of the POD standard outputs to your AI.

Forgot to say (first thing to check) that your AI input should be set to accept the same type of signal set at the POD output.

LINE goes to LINE, and MIC/INST goes to MIC/INST. Mismatching input and outputs types of signal creates always problems, like unwanted distortion or excessive background noise.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Thank you for your fast reply! I will try to use a Volume-Pedal at first. Would you place the Volume Pedal before the Input jack or after the Dry Out jack?

20 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

I am guessing this depends on what you mean by 'overdriving'. 

If you mean redlining your meter, that's one thing. If you mean the signal sounds staticy or mildly distorted, that's another. 

If I strum the Strings lightly, everything is OK. But when I play normal, the signal overloads on up-/downstroke.

2 hours ago, McCaereth said:

Would you place the Volume Pedal before the Input jack or after the Dry Out jack?

before the Input jack

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Like 1