Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

podHD 500 SWITCHES

sakis887

there are some parts in the 500 and 500x that are different. i will let someone else give the parts advice. but i wanted to point out - 

at this point in it's lifecycle, it may be better/cheaper to buy a 2nd 500 so that you have a backup unit full of parts

5 hours ago, sakis887 said:

I want to order switches for my pedal to have in case someone breaks.
they are in foto its for line6 500HDX ...
will they fit in mine which is the line6 500HD ????

SWITCHES.jpg

Based on what I know the same tactile micro switches are mounted on:

Bass POD XT Live, FBV Shortboard MKII, Floor POD Plus, M9, M13, POD HD300, POD HD400, POD HD500, POD X3 Live, POD XT Live, Spider Valve HD100, Spider Jam, Spider IV SERIES, Spider IV1508, HD500X.

Original part code number: Line 6 Tactile Switch  24-31-1105 ( QN172384 )

specs: tactile switch, 6mm X 6mm.  1.5mm plunger height, switch body 3.0mm tall (without actuator).

However any generic tactile microswitch with the same specs as the original will do.

IMG_6776-rotated.jpg

https://www.proaudioservice.co.uk/product/line-6-tact-switch-6mm-x-6mm-24-31-1105-qn172384/

That said in case you have problems with some switches you could first try to clean them similarly to what did the guy in the following video clip with the POD X3L microswitches (same as the ones in the HD500). A solution that works in most cases.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips