Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help Deciding Between Atomic Reactor Or Powered Pa

frettfreak

I am looking for some current advice on what to do in my situation.  I am looking for something that i can get GREAT sound from, use when i jam with a couple friends (just drums usually, but once in a while there will be another guitar), and just to play by myself at home.  I have an X3 Live, and currently just bought a tech 21 power engine 60.  

Now, maybe i dont have my patches setup right, i am not dismissing the possibility that this is user error, but i am really not impressed with the PE60 at all.  Its LOUD and can crank, but i am not liking the tone at all.  I have the X3 set to studio direct, have turned down the room to 0 on mic sims, and while the sound is acceptable, it DEFINITELY not what i hear when i put my headphones on (which is what i thought i would be getting).

That being said, i am open to keeping the PE60 if i could get a great sound from it, but i have search all over, tried a lot of suggestions and i am just not impressed.

right now, i have a good deal on an atomic reactor that i could pick up (i think the closed back and tubes would help the sound a lot) or my other thought would be to buy a powered PA speaker. I am trying to keep around $300-$400 and am totally ok with used gear. i am absolutely clueless about PA speakers though so i dont know if the ones in that price range are worth it (there are a lot that get great reviews, just not sure if it will work for my purposes. 

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

suggest you check out this link before you buy the Atomic...

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/6465

Which ever way you go, you really should try each one if possible with your X3 in the store before you buy...

Personally, I am waiting for this to be released next month (hopefully)...  and yes, I will test it first...

http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/KXD12.aspx