Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Safe mode in a DT50

guyatone

What does your amp do when you start it in safe mode? That is, holding the channel selector down to "B" for 15 seconds when turning on the amplifier? Does the amp behave normally afterwards, play and allow you to switch channels and topologies or is it mute and unresponsive?

I'm trying to diagnose a MIDI problem with my amp*, and safe mode for me is showing the latter behaviour. I don't know if that is correct or if my amp is faulty.

https://line6.com/support/topic/60000-diagnosing-a-broken-midi-input/

• 2 weeks later...

Safe mode is for restarting your amp after you had a problem flashing the firmware in a previous attempt.

I don't think it will make any difference in helping with MIDI issues.

I don't remember the sequence, but you might want to do a factory reset.....

Firmware updates go through MIDI, so safe mode needs working MIDI - and I should be able to get Line 6 Monkey to see the amp in safe mode, shouldn't I?

Factory reset is holding the voicing switch down and the pentode switch up while turning the amp on. I've done this at least a dozen times, it made no difference.