Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Presets, snapshots Naming Convention

dgabriels

Need a visible way to know if a preset has snapshots?  The camera icon is there but hard to read for us older guys... so...

I name presets that have snapshots with a +X after the end of the name --> +2, +3, +4 --> makes it easy to know whether a preset has snaps in use, and how many of course...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dgabriels said:

Need a visible way to know if a preset has snapshots?  The camera icon is there but hard to read for us older guys... so...

I name presets that have snapshots with a +X after the end of the name --> +2, +3, +4 --> makes it easy to know whether a preset has snaps in use, and how many of course...

Excellent idea! Just wish Line 6 would give us snapshot and multi-fx switch naming. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's really a crime that Line 6 didn't include that out of the gate!
The product isn't really functional in those options if you can't remember what that snapshot and multi-fx switch do!
Coming from an HX Effects I'm very frustrated and surprised at this lack of feature!

Class action?

On 5/17/2021 at 3:00 AM, iamlarry said:

It's really a crime that Line 6 didn't include that out of the gate!
The product isn't really functional in those options if you can't remember what that snapshot and multi-fx switch do!
Coming from an HX Effects I'm very frustrated and surprised at this lack of feature!

Class action?

Lol! A bit extreme, but I think most would agree with the sentiment 're functionality. Snapshot and multi switch naming are by far the most requested enhancements needed in Pod Go. Line 6 have said it's high up on their list of to dos on Pod Go. 

I'm not sure why these weren't included from outset. Its possible the extra programming could have delayed it's launch. Or it could be that Line 6 wanted to keep a bigger differentiation between PG and Helix.  But with Helix now on firmware 3.1 the gap is now pretty big so I dont think giving this enhancement to PG now will impact on Helix sales.

12 hours ago, iamlarry said:

Just super frustrated that these features are present in such an unusable way!

I would say the facilities are not unusable, but certainly their intended utility value is more limited. 

Its not unlike mfx units that have 200 user slots but just patch numbers with no patch naming. Even the latest Boss ME80 suffers from this which in my view is by today's standards archaic and why I never even considered that unit even though I liked its design of essentially being a collection of stomp boxes. 

I have a 32 patch memory in my Vox Valvetronix that had patch numbers only. It didn't stop me from gigging, I just set the patches in gig order and showed the patch number by each song on the gig song list. 

So, these facilities are still useful to a point but I agree are quite restrictive. 

On my PG I have added 2 momentary switches in FS7 and FS8. I would like to see an option for the 6 slot display to be 8 so that these footswitches can be seen. I'd also like to see an option for FS7 and FS8 to be selected as patch up and patch down controls when in the 6 stomp window. Its a nuisance to switch in and out of stomp mode to scroll patches. The 4 stomp mode is pretty useless unless you've set your patches to fit. 

My biggest disappointment is that for a unit that is supposedly designed for pick up and go to take to band practice and gigs, falls short from a functionality perspective.  Whilst I don't need all the extras in Helix like dual routing, more processing power, more amps or fx, etc, I do need functionality to use effectively at a gig. 

Sadly, my view is that Line 6s focus in 1.21 was largely influenced to satisfy bedroom players that are ever wanting more amp and fx models to play with. It seems to me this was an easy win for them on the back of Helix models. Because bedroom players are the majority target market for Pod Go, there has been less attention to features that home players don't really want or need, but gigging players very much do. So I think there needs to be a better balance here and we can only hope that Line 6 does recognise our genuine  needs here and provide us gigging players with some meaningful improved functionality that we need.  After all, hopefully we are important customers too and we are not being unreasonable here? 

I just found out that HX Stomp didn't have SS and footswitch naming until the last firmware update. That could well explain why Line 6 didn't want to give these to PG until all the Helix units had it. I can well appreciate that Line 6 might have got some stick from HX Stomp owners if PG had these first.