Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So confused

heydug

I guess I am missing something obvious but, I got a Spider V 20 Mkii, there is a sticker on the front with "Artist Presets". Nowhere in the manual or the remote program is this explained how to set these.  I found some spreadsheets that list Bank, Preset Name, and Preset Label but this makes no sense to me. I find no video tutorial on the V 20 Mkii on the line 6 site.  Tried calling Line 6 and their phone does not even ring.

How do I put in the different "Banks" and A B C D etc.?  Probably something basic and simple, I appreciate any help and grace with my lack of understanding.

If you look towards the top of the screen that you are on right now, you should see "Knowledge Base" right next to where it says "Forums" in bold.  Click on "Knowledge Base", then click on "Spider V" under the amps section.  The second sticky is the listing of all of the Spider V mk ii presets.  Bank 22-31 are the "artist presets" and come with Spider V mk ii.  So your amp should already have these on it.  Also, besides the presets, there is some good info there.  Check it out.  

Here is a link  >>>>  Spider V MkII Factory Presets list - Spider V - Line 6 Community

1 hour ago, 01GT said:

If you look towards the top of the screen that you are on right now, you should see "Knowledge Base" right next to where it says "Forums" in bold.  Click on "Knowledge Base", then click on "Spider V" under the amps section.  The second sticky is the listing of all of the Spider V mk ii presets.  Bank 22-31 are the "artist presets" and come with Spider V mk ii.  So your amp should already have these on it.  Also, besides the presets, there is some good info there.  Check it out.  

Here is a link  >>>>  Spider V MkII Factory Presets list - Spider V - Line 6 Community

I have seen the list described. But my original question remains. Physically, on the amp itself, there are no knobs, selectors, inputs, etc. that are labeled "Bank"  So if I wanted to try a preset, say 25 C D, I have no idea how to make that happen and again, the manual doesn't explain this whatsoever.

Okay, first off ... just to be very clear here I don't work for Line 6, and I have a different Spider V than you, so just take these comments for whatever they are worth ... Looking at the Spider V 20, it has "16 tonally-diverse amp and effect presets", so clearly you don't have the full complement of mk ii presets -- I did not know that there was only 16 presets on your amp, and I also did not know there was not a display and "selector" knob on the amp either.  Regardless, I am going to "assume" that the 16 presets that you do have are 16 from the larger list of presets.  Without the display and knob, it seems using the Remote 2.00 application would be especially critical for you (I have the 240HC, and I find using Remote indispensable even with a display and the "selector" knob).  I am going to make an "assumption" here in that the the Spider V 20 and Spider V 240 HC workings with Remote are basically the same.  If so ... then in Remote, you "should" see the name of the preset that you are on that you could match against the list by name, thus allowing you to know which of your presets are "artist presets".  Also in Remote, you could then download any of the other presets (or any of the other countless tones) that you don't have as part of the initial 16 (e.g., 25 C & D) (?).  Additionally in Remote and beyond this topic, you "should" also be able to make lots of alterations to your effects and presets in a far more powerful, faster and manageable tool than just by using the amp itself.  Hopefully there is something here that can help you ...  

A tag line in the user manual that says "Some of the features advertised are not accessible without interface to the Spider Remote Application" would be very helpful.  I see so many posts regarding internet connectivity issues that I am more discouraged. I will make an effort to use the app, if its having the same issues as others I will likely return this amp for something more user friendly.

Having said that, 01GT thanks so much for taking the time and providing your explanations, really appreciate it.

• 2 years later...

The "Artists Presets" don't work!...You can't "Load" them! Basically, false advertising...I've read this problem on several websites. I'm returning my amp. Also, the "Built in Presets" don't sound the way they're supposed to..."Chunk & Crunch" sound like "Echo Chamber". And you can hear signal breakup while the notes/chords ring out after a few seconds.

• 7 months later...

First after selecting something like chunk you'll notice 1 or morer of the three FX lightsd will light.  The tone can be modified from there by either selecting or deselcting the FX buttons.  I know one of settings does have a lot of echo until you de-selct the lit FX button.  Other than that, I've had this for months and still cannot figure out how to get to any artist presets or down load any.  I've hooked it up to my pc and checked out the interface but I find it very confusing.  There are literally no directions or good videos anywhere telling you how to do these things.  Also the website on the amp card for artists ( line6.com/spider-artists ) does NOT take you to artist presets.  It's a sales overview for the amp , even when you click presets or resources.  I've seen a ton of similar complaintsd where people are confused how to use this amp.  LIne 6 really needs to know this and provide much better resources.