Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot Name

rayryan64

Not currently. Although snapshot naming is in Helix products, Line 6 has not yet added this to Pod Go. It's probably been the most requested upgrade for Pod Go and it's hoped that Line 6 will add this in a future firmware upgrade.  Line 6 has indicated that this is high up on its 'to-do' list, but upgrades to Pod Go are likely to be secondary to Line 6's attention as it's primary focus is Helix which is its flagship product. 

• 3 weeks later...

This needs to happen.  Line 6 cheapened the Pod Go too much!!!!
You can't rename/change color of foot switches in stomp mode so when you assign a parameter change to a foot  switch, you no longer have a descriptive label of what the effect is!
You can't rename snapshots either.  This would have been two deal killers had I known this before purchasing!

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 12:43 AM, iamlarry said:

This needs to happen.  Line 6 cheapened the Pod Go too much!!!!
You can't rename/change color of foot switches in stomp mode so when you assign a parameter change to a foot  switch, you no longer have a descriptive label of what the effect is!
You can't rename snapshots either.  This would have been two deal killers had I known this before purchasing!

I agree Pod Go needs these and have been an avid advocate for these and other upgrades - see my posts here and on The Gear Page. But I knew exactly what I was buying and fully understood Pod Go's limitations which I weighed carefully against it's many advantages. I knew because I read the manual and watched the Line 6 and other Pod Go videos first, before I bought.  I could have opted for Helix LT but didn't want such a big, heavy unit and I hated its screen.  You had the same opportunity to read the manual & watch the vids.  If you buy without researching what you are buying, that's down to you, and only you - not Line 6 so I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no sympathy re your 'deal killers'.  

17 minutes ago, jwoertz said:

Hoping for snapshot naming and ring color change in the near future too. I will not buy the POD GO until this happens.

Perfectly reasonable approach - if gear doesn't meet certain core criteria that's important to you, then yes you should hold off or consider other options. 

The problem is that all gear has pro's and cons. For example the Mooer GE300 and Zoom G6 and G11 all missed a feature that was important to me for gigging. And that is the ability to globally kick in a wah in any patch without having to pre-program it.  The Pod Go does this beautifully, and was a feature I missed in my Vox Tonelab SE & LE units.  The Pod Go looper is in my opinion dreadful but as I don't need a looper I accepted that.  The Mooer GE300 aluminium fascia looks nice but the poor graphics mean you can't read these on stage.  it's tone capture is a 'nice to have' but wasn't essential for me.  The Zoom G6 is underpowered and I don't like the Zoom menu driven approach. The G11 was ridiculously over-priced when it came out but there is much in it's functionality I like. The factory patches are dreadful though and you'd have to pretty much start from scratch when building tones. The touchscreen is a real plus and I like it's real knobs approach. but it has nowhere near the amp/cab options of the Pod Go.   

For me, as a gigging player, the biggest plus of Pod Go is it's Helix quality modelling in a form factor that fits what I wanted and IR capability.  I wanted a MFX that was compact, light, well built with a great screen, and sufficient floor switch capability to use live inc global volume/wah switching.  I also wanted good customer support (and I think Line 6 are pretty good here).  The limit of only up to 4 FX wasn't ideal but I could live with it and work around it, and in that regard it at least does what my Tonelabs do. The FX loop meant I could add external pedals but it's not something I want to do as it adds weight, bulk and time to my gigging set-up/packing and I literally wanted a single unit to take & go.  I mainly play classic rock & blues so I don't need complex FX chains and the ability to add FS7/8 means I can set these to kick in a patch gain boost or change an IR or cab mic or add a chorus etc in any mode, without having to tap dance between preset & stomp mode.  You can't currently see FS7/8 on the screen but maybe that will come in a future upgrade. The snap shots were a bonus as I didn't have those in my Tonelabs and are still useful albeit naming and colours would help make this feature much more useful.   

So the trick is to do the research and focus on the most important things that are 'must haves', then consider the 'nice to haves' and then disregard the things that are 'completely not needed'.