Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there a way to get the Line 6 Boost+EQ pedal on this?

BaylorPRSer

Hi there,

I will likely purchase the Metal Pack as I miss the Big Bottom amp model from the X3; however, when building my tones on there, I slightly preferred the Line 6 Boost+EQ pedal to the Screamer.  

I don't see that pedal on the HD500x.  Is there a pack that has that one?  If not, what would be the closest thing on here to it?  Which distortion pedal should I use?  Would I put an EQ before or after the distortion pedal?

Thanks.

I only have the add-ons because I bought used units with them. Otherwise, I wouldn't have them. I didn't need them. Not really sure that I even use them - but I have them. 

However, to answer the questions

20 minutes ago, BaylorPRSer said:

I don't see that pedal on the HD500x.  Is there a pack that has that one?

No. The add-ons are amps only. No fx. 

21 minutes ago, BaylorPRSer said:

Would I put an EQ before or after the distortion pedal?

Try both. Do what works. There is no right or wrong. 

You have 512 available slots. Experimentation is permitted. 

Everything boils down to - what sound you want and how to get it. 

Think about it - distorting an eq'd tone is different than eq-ing a distorted tone. It is different to echo a distorted tone than it is to distort an echoed tone. 

Neither is right neither is wrong. It all comes down to what you want. 

18 hours ago, BaylorPRSer said:

Hi there,

I will likely purchase the Metal Pack as I miss the Big Bottom amp model from the X3; however, when building my tones on there, I slightly preferred the Line 6 Boost+EQ pedal to the Screamer.  

I don't see that pedal on the HD500x.  Is there a pack that has that one?  If not, what would be the closest thing on here to it?  Which distortion pedal should I use?  Would I put an EQ before or after the distortion pedal?

Thanks.

The stock effect Studio EQ works very well both as a clean booster and as an EQ.

In case you want to add also a distortion FX in the chain remember that all the included distortion FXs are already equipped with an additional EQ section which is post distortion (position where the effect of the EQ on distortion is much more noticeable than if it had been in pre-distortion position where it would have been different and more subtle).

So in case you prefer the different and more subtle effect of pre distortion EQ (or if you want to combine it with the already in place post EQ) add an EQ FX before the distortion FX.

PS.

In regard to the Big Bottom amp model don't expect that it sounds 100% identical to the X3 version, and for a simple reason, the HD cabs/speakers (which represent about 50% if not more of the final sound) sound different (better or worse is a matter of personal taste) than the ones in the X3..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips