Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume Pedal

angusstornoway

Just to be clear... the pedal on the Helix is not a "global volume pedal".... it is assignable to do anything you want within a each preset. If you are expecting it to be a volume pedal all the time, it won't be.  It might be assigned on some presets, but not on others. That is very normal. 

19 hours ago, angusstornoway said:

Other times I have to press it up and down to make it work.

That's an odd statement... because that is how expression/volume pedals work. If you don't move them, they won't do anything. 

If you mean something different, I think we need more details. 

• Upvote 1

Hi thank for responding. The problem is that I do want it to be a volume pedal all the time. I haven't assigned it to anything other than the volume preset. I could see the metre going up and down on the HX edit, but the volume itself wouldn't go down... (on all the time). Other times I will change the preset and no sound until I depress the pedal and press again.  This is an intermittent problem. I was wondering was it something I had done wrong in setting it up. I did notice that, when I use the volume pedal the wee symbol come up to show the preset has not been saved even though I have it set as a snapshot.

Thank you

Each and everything you are describing are normal behaviors depending on how you defined the pedal, how you defined global aspects of the pedan and how you saved your preset.  I could go into explaining all of it by I'd just be repeating everything that's in the manual.  I suggest you read the manual.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, angusstornoway said:

The problem is that I do want it to be a volume pedal all the time. I haven't assigned it to anything other than the volume preset. I could see the metre going up and down on the HX edit, but the volume itself wouldn't go down... (on all the time). 

IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND: When you add a volume pedal block it automatically assigns it to EXP2. When you add a WAH block it automatically assigns it to EXP1. To make life easy for yourself... don't alter that pattern or you will have to do some deep editing every time you need to add a Volume pedal or Wah. I always suggest.. KEEP IT SIMPLE! 

Since you plan on using it for volume the majority of the time... do this. 

• Go into Global Settings > EXP Pedals
  • Set the position for EXP2 (and maybe even EXP1 as well) to GLOBAL. This will retain the position of the pedal when you change presets. 

Now.... Just add a volume pedal block to any preset you want it in, and it will automatically assign it to EXP2. You only have to add the volume pedal block. 

Other times I will change the preset and no sound until I depress the pedal and press again.  

When the EXP is set to GLOBAL... then you do this when you start the Helix to initialize the pedal. If the EXP is set to "preset" or "snapshot" then the pedal position gets "recalled"... and it may be "recalled" in the off position. Again... keep it simple, set the EXP position to Global so the position is exactly where the pedal position is as you change presets & snapshots. 

This is an intermittent problem.

Probably not.... If for any reason the EXP does not work as you expect... then that is likely because something is not set correctly in that preset. 

• Maybe the preset is loading the EXP as EXP1 instead of 2. Simply depress the toe switch to make it EXP2 and save again. 
  • Maybe the volume pedal BLOCK is not assigned properly to EXP2. Just remove the block and add it again. It will automatically assign to EXP2. 

I did notice that, when I use the volume pedal the wee symbol come up to show the preset has not been saved even though I have it set as a snapshot.

The moment you step on the volume pedal you are "editing" the preset (the volume) which is why the "E" Symbol appears. Don't worry about it :) 

• Upvote 1