Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot functionality in Stomp mode?

Leavon

Hi, I'm a solo performer who does a lot of looping. I often need to go from an Octave effect to a delay effect (for example) at the moment I need  to turn the Octave off then the delay on. Combined with looping and singing this can causes a lot of tap dancing head aches. I'd like to be able to hit the delay switch and it turn the Octave off or any othere effect that's on.  I understand that this can be done easily with snapshots but on the HX effects it seems I can only have 4 snapshots? I'm currently using all 6 switches in stomp mode and using multiples on one switch, so the 4 snapshots aren't enough.

Is there anyway I can get that snapshot behaviour in Stomp mode?

Thanks.  

You might be able to expand the capabilities of the HXFX by using an external MIDI controller.

You'll need to find one that can send multiple commands on a single press.

Look into the Morningstar MC6 or MC8, very popular with HXS/HXFX users.

22 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

You might be able to expand the capabilities of the HXFX by using an external MIDI controller.

You'll need to find one that can send multiple commands on a single press.

Look into the Morningstar MC6 or MC8, very popular with HXS/HXFX users.

Ahh thanks but that just adds more complexity, I want to keep it simple. I might end going back to my HD500 (which could essentially do 8 snapshots) and get rid of the HX effects.

Thanks for your reply.

If size is not an issue, why not sell both and get a full fat Helix? Get the functionality you need with the MUCH better sound of the latest greatest?

Unless it's about cost, in which case get an LT or go used.

I'm saying this because I had an HD500, and there's really no comparison sound wise.

And, IIRC, the HD500 didn't do Snapshots at all.

33 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

If size is not an issue, why not sell both and get a full fat Helix? Get the functionality you need with the MUCH better sound of the latest greatest?

Unless it's about cost, in which case get an LT or go used.

I'm saying this because I had an HD500, and there's really no comparison sound wise.

And, IIRC, the HD500 didn't do Snapshots at all.

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

I had a full fat Helix but it was more than I needed, I rarely play electric these days, and I just needed the effects for my acoustic looping so the HX effects seemed like the perfect solution and the scribble strips really appealed. I used to use preset mode on the hd500 with bank up/down turned off to switch between 8 presets which gave me the functionality I needed.