Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Control + Footswitch LED Rings

noiseplow

I'm using the HX Effects with a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher to change the channels on a Dual Rectifier and it works great.

I have it set up as follows;

Footswitch 4: Amp Channel 1 (Modern)

Footswitch 5: Amp Channel 2 (Raw)

Footswitch 6: Amp Channel 3 (Clean)

The Footswitches act as you'd expect in this situation. If it's set to 'CC Toogle' with the mode set to 'Latch' instead of 'Moment'(Momentary), when Footswitch 4 is selected, the LED ring turns on and the Amp is set to Channel 1.

Now if I click Footswitch 6 for the Amp's Clean Channel, the Amp changes to Channel  3 correctly but now both Footswitch 4 and Footswitch 6 LED rings are on/lit.

If I use 'Midi CC' instead of 'CC Toggle' then the LED ring doesn't turn on at all (Midi CC doesn't have the option to select 'Latch' or 'Moment'(Momentary)).

What I want is when Footswitch 6 is activated, both Footswitch 4 and 5's LED rings are turned off so I can see which Amp Channel is active by looking at the HX Effects (instead of having to turn around and look at the amp).

My question is: is there a way to turn off other footswitch LED rings when a footswitch is selected? Or should I be using Snapshots for this? 

The current setup works great because I have 3 Amp Channels across the bottom 3 HX Effects Footswitches all color coordinated to the AMP's Channels (Red, Orange & Green)

Cheers,

A

If it was 2 channels this could work, but not with 3.

I would use Snapshots for this. You don't get color coding, but you still have your Stomps available for other uses.

IIRC, color coded Snapshots are planned for a future update.