Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Setting Pod Go up to connect to front input Super reverb

Kenny202

Just wondering how I should set my Pod Go up to go in my Super (No effects loop). Essentially am only using effects, by passing Amps and cabs. Should I plug into the Amps normal Input 1 (low gain) or plug in to number 2?

Is there anything I need to set on the Pod Go? LIne out? Instrument out etc?
ATM I just plug in the guitar into Guitar in and Amp out to the front of the amplifier. Any help or advice appreciated

Hi Kenny202, 

You can connect POD Go into either input 1 or 2 as there is only about a 6 db difference between the two inputs. 

Since you only want to use effects from POD Go, bypassing the amp and cab block is a great method. Connecting POD Go to your amp via the Amp Out is also ideal, although the Main Out can also be used. Here's the differences between the two outputs:

The Main Outs are balanced outputs that pass all audio being sent over USB and all blocks within a preset in stereo (to send to a mixing board or studio monitors) or mono summed when using only the Left/MONO jack (to send to your amp or single speaker). 

The 'Amp Out' is an unbalanced mono output that by default, reflects the same output as the MAIN outputs minus USB audio. What's great about the 'Amp Out' is that it can be switched in Global Settings (Press Bank Left/Bank Right simultaneously > press Knob 5) to be tapped off directly before the Cab block, meaning that you can play through all presets without any cabinet modeling, just ensure blocks you want included in your preset are placed before the cab block. 

This is a great option if you would like to have additional amp voicing's, you can even dig deeper and swap the amp model for only its pre-amp (with the amp block selected, press down on the lower knob > select 'Pre-Amp.')