Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX FX Works only in 4CM

rwinking

So I have had my HX FX for a couple of years and love it and never had a problem. I have never even tried it in anything other than 4CM as that is how I play. I was trying to isolate an amp issue and tried to run it like a normal pedal board, straight out of the manual, you know, guitar -> L Input, L-> output -> amp. I got nothing. I then tried using it through my FX Loop.....Guitar-> amp, L Input-> FX Send, FX Return to L Mono Out. Again, nothing.

I then went back to 4CM and everything works just fine. Am I missing something  really simple? Is there something internal I need to switch? I looked and didn't really see anything relevant.

thanks in advance

rick

4CM preset doesn't work if you hook it up as a pedalboard in front of the amp. In 4CM HX sends the input signal (L input) to FX send, expecting the signal comes back through FX return. In regular 4CM this is done by preamp section. If you don't provide path between FX send and FX return no sound will come out.

If you need to use 4CM preset like a normal pedalboard, you should at least connect HX FX send and FX return L with patch cable.

Thanks! As you said this, I think I know what I am doing wrong….When I have a preset for4CM, I have to have a loop in the signal path and I need to turn it off in order for it to work. I new it was something really obvious!

Again, I appreciate your reply!

rick