Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I save a loop (forever) in my HX STOMP XL ?

elmanu

Hello guys !

I had a small old looper pedal (Jam Man) that has memory inside to store my loops, to me that's what a looper should do.

In my HX Stomp XL, when I play a loop, then change my preset or with off the thing, the loop is gone.

Is there is a way to store a loop that I could find back the day after ?

Didn't find any information about this in the manual.

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks !

Short answer: No, there is no way.

You’re right when you say ‘that’s what a looper should do’, and that’s what standalone looper pedals do. The Looper in current Line 6 devices is not really designed to support live play and stored loops. It’s designed for two things, really:

- practicing solos over a short recorded loop (looper block at end of signal flow chain), or

- tweaking your tones during preset development. Record a loop, put your guitar down, and have you hands free for tweaking during playback of the loop (looper at the start of your chain).

I’m sure some people manage to make it work for occasional use in a live situation and the introduction of the 1-switch Looper block helps with that. But anyone who uses a looper as an integral part of their live setup uses a standalone external looper pedal designed for that purpose.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, elmanu said:

Is there is a way to store a loop that I could find back the day after ?

Hi,

Not inside the Helix - no!

As noted by “silverhead” in the post above, that is not what the onboard looper is designed for. If you need a looper capable of retaining your loops then a dedicated unit is the way to go.

I have 3 external looper units that I can use for various jobs. A TC Electronic Ditto x4 that can transfer loops or entire backing tracks over USB, also a BOSS RC-30 capable of storing up to 3 hours direct to internal memory and the ability to import/export .wav files over USB, plus a real cheapo Ammoon Stereo unit that can store 10 independent loops of 10 minutes.

There are some truly spectacular dedicated loopers available from many different manufacturers. You choose.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

So that's what I feared : I sold my JamMan too fast ^^

And I remove the HX stomp from. the "all in one stuff" category, then...too bad to realize that engineers don't do things perfectly when they could do it

Thanks for your fast answers, guys !

• Thanks 1