Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI command for presets in Helix Native with FCB1010

tusseau

Hi,
In my DAW (Reaper) with Helix Native, I fail to use MIDI commands to load the right setlist and the good preset (wich have been imported in Native from my Helix LT).
I know it should work because I don't have any problem to select the snapshots with CC69 followed by value 0 to 7.
But no way for the setlist with CC32 and no way for the 128 presets in a setlist using PC from 0 to 127.
My MIDI controller is a FCB1010 from Behringer (hard to understand at the beginning but after a few hours, I am sure of my programmed pedals) : in the DAW, I am able to check what the MIDI controller is sending and I see that the good codes arrive in Reaper. But the preset doesn’t change in Helix Native (whereas it works perfectly for the snapshots).
I checked many forums and video (including "Presets via PC" on Line6)  but I don’t find any solution.

Have you an idea? Thanks a lot.

• tusseau changed the title to MIDI command for presets in Helix Native with FCB1010
20 hours ago, tusseau said:

Have you an idea?

Setlist, Preset, and Snapshot Recall via MIDI - page 58 - HELIX NATIVE Pilot’s Guide Rev O - v.3.10

Click on the “question mark” icon in the lower left of the GUI window and select “Pilot’s Guide”.

Also:

NOTE - AU and AAX Plugin Formats Only: At this time, remote MIDI control of setlist and preset changes is supported only with the AU (Mac) and Pro Tools AAX (Mac and Windows) Helix Native plugin formats. It is not supported for the VST2 or VST3 Helix Native plugin formats on Mac or Windows.”
Also, note that Setlist and Preset changes performed via MIDI PC/CC messages are not supported by Undo and will clear the current Undo history

—————————————————

Suggestion:

If you wish to change to another preset in another setlist, simple create a duplicate audio track with an instance of Native set to the actual preset you require and use the automation functions within your DAW to switch between the two. You don’t need to switch everything inside one instance of Native. You can open as many instances of Helix Native as your computer can handle.

It appears that you are trying to use Native in the same manner as you would use Helix hardware which is not always necessary when dealing with recorded material. 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Added caveat

On 1/20/2022 at 1:02 PM, datacommando said:

simple create a duplicate audio track

Thank you Datacommando for this idea. You are right : I need to understand Native's use in a different way than Helix LT.

After I posted, I found how to select a setlist and a bank with a MIDI track sending datas to my guitar track (I post a screenshot to help somebody else).

... and I succeed to record the selection of the good snapshot at the right time from the MIDI track using CC69 (but I prefer to do it live with the FCB1010).

Helix Native in a DAW (Reaper) is a very powerfull tool : I have a lot to explore!

Thanks again.

screenshot.thumb.png.bab565d6a87cbece70c05d71a9b63bbb.png

• 10 months later...

Thanks Datacommando!!!!!

I use Logic - changing between different instances of Helix by changing tracks in a Logic project is easily done with my MIDI footswitches.

Also very useful - I have Logic remote on the ipad I use at my mic stand, which means I can scroll though Helix presets from there!

• Thanks 1