Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects midi and SY-200

TheRealDriller

I have been trying to control an SY-200 with my HX effects and getting some strange results.

I'm running my HX effects with the 4CM, connected to a MESA JP-2C and the SY-200. The SY-200 is in the effects loop 2 of the HX effects and I'm controlling the JP-2C and SY-200 using midi program changes on the HX.

The JP-2C is set to MIDI channel 1 and the SY-200to midi channel 2.

First off, in one SNAPSHOT I wanted to select program 65 on the SY-200 but found I had to send program 64 on the HX to do this. Sending program 65 from the HX selected program 66 on the SY-200.  Strange!   To try to solve this, on the other instances in each SNAPSHOT used to select the channel on the JP-2C, I changed from using the base channel (set to channel 1 by default, the channel used by the JP-2C) to using channel 1.

But now everytime I choose a SNAPSHOT which sends program change 1 on channel 1 to the JP-2C, the SY-200 changes to program 1, even though it's set to listen to midi channel 1 only.

Any ideas how I can solve these problems?

Note. Some companies number 0-127 and some number programs 1 to 128. That is why it is off one. I use the SY300 with helix  floor. From the helix I have to tell the boss sy300 a program number one less then I want the sy300 to change to. For example if I want the sy300 to be on patch 100 the helix needs to send 99. Not a big deal. Just remember it’s one less than reality. 

Not sure. Is a unit in the midi chain sending a midi signal that you are not intending? For example. Is you midi chain HX to JP to SY and the JP is transmitting an unintended program change? Is something if Omni can poly mode that shouldn’t be (or vise versa as I can’t remember which does which. I am a midi hack but I eventually figure it out. Hopefully there are folks on here have more midi knowledge