Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PodGO tuner confusion

Rickkit

The PodGO tuner always displays a "D" when it is between two notes that it can display... Since "D" is a note that the guitar is usually actually tuned to it seems the unit is in a state of confusion... It would be better to represent this state of between notes with an "X" or a "-" or even a "?"... Also, it would be a great feature if the proper octave could be displayed (E2. A2, D3, G3, etc) like they are on a Peterson tuner... That would be nice, but I would be happy with just the unknown note "D" being changed to represent a "between note" symbol...

No, I do see the flat symbol where appropriate... On my unit, when I am at the outer range of a note, it does NOT pick up the next adjacent note immediately... It shows a capital "D" until I tune just a little farther to get to the next higher note... It always shows flats where appropriate... I have seen this behavior in all three tuning modes... The machine acts as though it is confused and thinks the in between frequency is a D natural... Now I am worried if mine is the only unit experiencing this... That means it is not something that can be rectified... This behavior has persisted across several firmware updates as I got the machine when they first came out... It actually isn't a deal breaker for me as I have just learned to expect that behavior, but I thought that everybody was seeing this quirk...