Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Could use some help. : Stomp XL external foot switch issue

goldrif

I am trying to make FS7 as a Snapshot up and FS8 as a snapshot down.

Whatever settings I try the following happens.

When I press down on the switch (fs7) it will go up a snapshot, but the problem comes when I release the switch... upon release is also goes up. so every time I hit the switch, it move twice. I have tried all the settings, (Latch, moment and toggle) with no success. Perhaps someone knows what's going on and can help me? (I have also tried setting in the Command center and nothing change this for some reason).

here is a video I made as an example.

The EXP Position setting has nothing to do with the footswitch behavior. That only applies if you have expression pedals connected. Go to Global Settings >Preference>EXP/FS Tip and make sure it’s set to FS7. Make sure the EXP/FS Ring setting is set to FS8.

Beyond that are you using a TRS cable to connect the footswitch?

When you say you tried setting something up in the Command Center, what have you tried? Do you currently have commands assigned to FS7 and FS8?

I experience the exact same problem with a different footswitch brand (hotone). It started when I updated the stomp xl from firmware v3.10 to v3.15. Before it worked fine. 

The annoying workaround that I use is to have fs7/8 to switch presets, which works fine for some reason, and use fs1/2 for snapshots.