Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Freeze on Windows 11 past Log In

drapte

On 4/10/2022 at 1:25 AM, drapte said:

So I'm having an issue since I upgraded to Windows 11. I can't seem to get past the login screen of Helix Native. It just freezes, this is on vst3 and vst2, version 3.11 and 3.15

Hi Andrew,

I spotted your other post which mentions Ableton Live, therefore if you read trough the responses and you’re not suffering from the “Micro SD Card” issue, then the problem may well be the DAW. Have you tried to load Native in another DAW?

Here’s a link to the SD Card solution provided by “Camelot”

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:12 PM, datacommando said:

Hi Andrew,

I spotted your other post which mentions Ableton Live, therefore if you read trough the responses and you’re not suffering from the “Micro SD Card” issue, then the problem may well be the DAW. Have you tried to load Native in another DAW?

Here’s a link to the SD Card solution provided by “Camelot”

Interesting theory, I did this, disabled all the SATA and reanabled and it still doesnt work. I also followed the advice of another poster and deleted the appdata line 6 folder. Still keep getting stuck on this sreen. It must be something to do with the DAW and Windows 11. It is not a practical solution for me to use another daw. Thanks for your help.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:35 AM, drapte said:

It is not a practical solution for me to use another daw.

Hi,

I was not recommending that you change your workflow from Ableton Live to another DAW as a full time thing. What I was suggesting was to try using the Helix Native plug-in with one of the many free, or demo, versions of another DAW. This would simply give you a better idea of the situation - i.e. if Native functions as expected in Reason, for example, then maybe this could be an indication that the problem is not necessarily with Native, but more possibly with the version of Ableton. It’s simply a process of elimination, trying to isolate the issue. Weird things like this can be tricky to pin down.

EDIT:

Possible solution- Check the follow up response in the other thread that you posted to.

Edited by datacommando
Added link