Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Turn Off Hum Universally (or in Manual Mode)

SmokinHalfNote

Thanks for the reply. I have to say - I don't see the default "on" setting being a particularly wise move. I get it - emulate the hum of a real tube amp, but most of us try to suppress real hum as much possible. It's hardly a "feature." I almost thought the amp's power supply was defective, and I imagine many folks will think the same.

• Like 1

You might also consider saving the amp model as a User Default or Favorite after tweaking all parameters to your liking, including Hum=0. Doing that will allow you to add the model to any preset with your preferred settings.

Edited by silverhead
Ooops... I didn't notice that this was in the Catlyst subforum. I was thinking of Helix. Apologies.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:39 PM, silverhead said:

You might also consider saving the amp model as a User Default or Favorite after tweaking all parameters to your liking, including Hum=0. Doing that will allow you to add the model to any preset with your preferred settings.

I would like to be able to save the advanced params as amp default settings to the Catalyst so I get my preferences in manual mode or when building a preset from the amp. Hopefully Line 6 will add that in a future firmware update.