Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unwanted behaviour snapshots

SayCheese

Hi, I am wondering: Is there a way to unslave an assigned parameter to a switch from a snapshots.
This is my situation. In my patch are 3 snapshots for amp settings (green, orange and red). I have also assigned a switch to a parameter for running the delay in 1/4 or dotted eight mode. The setting for the time control is slaved to the snapshots. When I change to another snapshot I want the timestamp for the delay unchanged.

I have set all the blocks to Snapshot Bypass off under the 'Action'-button. But that has no effect, it is not a matter of bypassing an effect.

I have tried different directions, such as from the command center, but no solution sofar, hopefully somebody can pinpoint me to the solution.

Kees

Helix Floor

Edited by SayCheese
addition

Snapshot Bypass only affects the Bypass function

When you assign a parameter to Snapshots, changing Snapshots will set the parameter to whatever value you've saved in that Snapshot.

There's no way to tell Helix "Only do this sometimes".

On 4/21/2022 at 5:46 PM, SayCheese said:

Hi, I am wondering: Is there a way to unslave an assigned parameter to a switch from a snapshots.
This is my situation. In my patch are 3 snapshots for amp settings (green, orange and red). I have also assigned a switch to a parameter for running the delay in 1/4 or dotted eight mode. The setting for the time control is slaved to the snapshots. When I change to another snapshot I want the timestamp for the delay unchanged.

I have set all the blocks to Snapshot Bypass off under the 'Action'-button. But that has no effect, it is not a matter of bypassing an effect.

I have tried different directions, such as from the command center, but no solution sofar, hopefully somebody can pinpoint me to the solution.

Kees

Helix Floor

I think - I think I saw a solution for this if I understand what you're asking for. I just asked about Snapshot Bypass yesterday and rd2rk answered my question similar to yours - it only affects the bypass state.

But someone had an issue with Delay where they had two different times - so 300 ms and 600 ms - and they wanted it to stay on whichever one it was last on when they changed snapshots.

You use the "discard" or "recall" kind of function for changing shapshots.

Unfortunately though, this will probably affect all the blocks in the path, and it might not be able to be used in combination with Snapshot Bypass.

Let me see if I can remember what I searched for and find it.

Sorry - I searched a bit and couldn't find it. I know it was on this forum though.

Seems like it was a "workaround" - i.e. you had to go in and program the min/max time values (in this example) in each snapshot, and then have it discard the changes so that when you went from SS1 to SS2, if you had the Delay on the lower time, it would stay there.

Again though, I think that setting is going to affect all the blocks in that SS so if you're making other changes it might not be useful - or I could be wrong and it just won't work at all  - sorry if that's the case, just trying to offer help - I just found out about Snapshot Bypass yesterday and it's the thing I've been looking for for a year and no one discusses it anywhere, so there are often things you can do, but aren't as obvious or no one else has done them, so they're hard to figure out.

Hope you can get it to work or figure out a decent alternative.

On 4/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, z3albw1rr said:

I just found out about Snapshot Bypass yesterday and it's the thing I've been looking for for a year and no one discusses it anywhere,

Page 45 of the manual (Helix 3.0 rev F):

Snapshot Block Bypass On/Off
There may be situations where you don’t want snapshots to control a particular block’s bypass state; that is, you’d prefer to turn it on and off manually. For example, you may want manual control of a Boost block at any time without worrying whether a particular snapshot might turn it on or off.
1. Within the Home screen, select a processing block within the signal flow and press ACTION.
2. Turn Knob 5 (Snapshot Bypass) to set the behavior for the block.
Use joystick to move block; move down to create Path
BClearBlockClear AllBlocksCopyBlockPasteBlockSnapshotBypassOnAdd toFavorites...
By default, all blocks are set to “On” to automatically control their bypass states via snapshots. Change to “Off” to disable snapshot control of the selected block’s bypass state.

-------------------

InHX EDIT RIGHT CLICK the Block and uncheck SNAPSHOT BYPASS.

• Upvote 1