Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar volume fine, but Bass Guitar is incredibly low volume

Xodus_000

Hey guys. I have tried to use Helix Native with a bass guitar and having some pretty weird results. I am going through a Radial DI and into a Scarlett 18i20. The input level seems mostly fine, it could be a tiny bit higher. Of the 3 things here in the signal chain, everything is boosted by max. And even boosted to that max, I get a max of something like -36db at the end output. Regular guitar doesn't have this problem. How come, even each part of this giving like +12db, i'm losing so much volume?

I can tell that the Drive on all the bass amps effects the volume greatly. But what if you want a clean bass tone and not a distorted one? I can kind of make the sound work right now if I put a bunch of compressors/volume plugins in my DAW after this, but I can't help but feel I'm doing this totally wrong. I've attached a picture if it helps and I can send more if needed. Any advice? 

image.thumb.png.e4d4e11c06bab3049a3675188b76d244.png

image.thumb.png.166faca83c150e153ddb9961118119d4.png

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried setting levels with NO Native blocks in the signal path? Set your input levels so you get a nice clean DI level. Make sure you don't overdrive the Native input setting (use -12dB for starters). You should have no problems getting a good output level into your DAW track unless there is something wrong in your hardware (bass, DI, Scarlett, or cables). After you get a good level, add an amp block only (with no cabinet). Start with the default settings and adjust. All still good? Then add a cabinet. Add blocks as needed, checking levels along the way.

Troubleshooting: start simple, then add stuff. Let us know how it goes.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...