Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

TC SCF Chorus Equivalent in Helix?

ToneRanger72

So I am officially making the jump from a massive, all individual pedal board to the Helix Floor - most of my units I have found equivalents to, with exception of my TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger (SCF.)

I run mine stereo in the amp effects loop and it creates that classic Eric Johnson/late 80's Alex Lifeson/John Petrucci chorus sound.

While I know I could run it in a pair of effects loops, it would be slightly problematic as it is a mono in/stereo out pedal, so it could be limiting in terms of where to place in a stereo path. Also, it would be a bit of a hassle to transport with all the extra connections.

Is there an existing chorus model in the Helix and/or settings will get me closest to the SCF?

Since I am not familiar with what that sounds like exactly, I can only say, try them all.

Chourus - Line 6

70s Chorus - Boss CE-1 (In case you didn't know, it's essentially the original/classic chorus)

Plastichorus - Modded Arion SCH-Z Chorus

Ampeg Liqufier - Ampeg Liqufier

Trinity Chorus - DyTronics Tri-Stereo Chorus

The Trinity Chorus only shows up when you select STEREO for your model

I would start with that one but know it is one of the first choruses so it's parameters are limited compared to the TC Chorus. The next one I would try is the Plastichorus

One thing I would strongly recommend is the Craig Anderton Big Book of Helix tips & Tricks. It is a PDF only thing but as the Helix get's updated, it gets updated too and you can download the new one from Sweetwater for free. Here's a link.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AndertonHX-e--sweetwater-publishing-the-big-book-of-helix-tips-and-tricks

Good Luck. I hope someone has better info for you.

This is a good place for basic model info

https://helixhelp.com/models