Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I connected a 15W Orange OR15 to Powercab 112+ via 8 OHM speaker output

penningt

I took the "thru" speaker output (mistakenly confused with the line out) from a Mesa Boogie Cabclone (connected to Orange OR15) and connected it to the input 1 on my Powercab 112+. I reduced the input gain on the Powercab by -8dB and applied a speaker model. By reducing the input gain there was no red light on the Powercab and it sounded really good (to my ears).

I played it on and off for a few of days and then I realised I had used the wrong output on the Cabclone and immediately disconnected the Powercab. I think I was lucky something didn't go bang.

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see what you all reckon - how far past the limit did I accidentally take it, or maybe I've got it wrong and the Powercab can actually handle this kind of input. I'd appreciate a technical perspective on this if anyone can offer one.

Cheers!

• penningt changed the title to I connected a 15W Orange OR15 to Powercab 112+ via 8 OHM speaker output