Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go audio interface issue

AlrightStrings

So I have this issue with using my POD Go as an audio interface, and as far as I know, mainly just as an audio output device.

Sometimes when I have my POD Go plugged into my Windows 10 PC through USB, and try to play audio through the POD from my computer, it simply won't play sound. The POD still shows up in Windows, but when I adjust the volume in Windows, it won't make the sound that you'd expect to like show how loud the volume is. Sometimes, if I try to play, for example, music on Spotify, and it doesn't work, if I adjust the volume over and over to try and get the sound to play, it will eventually work and play the sound, as well as letting the music come through.

It seems like as long as I always have some sound playing from the computer through the POD Go, it works consistently. For example, if songs play back to back on Spotify, then the POD will have no problems and continue playing them. If I pause it though, and come back say a few minutes later, it likely won't play sound. It's almost as if it is disabling itself after not having sound played through it for a period of time.

I have disabled every power management thing related to the POD Go I can find, and it still happens. When the audio won't play, if I right click the volume icon, go to sounds, and then select the recording tab, the sounds window will freeze. 

The only thing that has gotten it to work permanently is going into Device Manager and uninstalling the section called "Line 6>POD Go." I left the audio output device and audio interface portion installed in Device Manager, and now it plays any sound I want it too, however I can't use POD Go Edit anymore. I uninstalled the "Line 6" section in Device Manager because it said it "requires further installation." I tried to search for new drivers, but it said it was up to date. I tried uninstalling the Line 6 Drivers and POD Go Edit through Line 6 uninstalling tool, then reinstalling, and it didn't change. I tried different USB cables as well. I'm at a loss here. 

I may have figured out what's happening, I've been using ASIO4ALL with my POD Go, which uses the device in exclusive mode. When I had my DAW running, it wouldn't let me use other audio devices. I think I may just be facing limitations of ASIO4ALL and Windows audio management.

Line 6 audio interface devices and drivers use the ASIO protocol and adhere to its technical specifications. ASIO4ALL is a pseudo-ASIO implementation that does not adhere fully to the ASIO technical specifications. ASIO4ALL is known to cause issues with Line 6 devices and is not supported by Line 6. 

Use the Line 6 driver that is installed with the POD Go Edit download package.