Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT with external noise gate pedal

Durica

Hello everyone. :)

Im not satisfied with internal noise gate. For high gain djenty riffs with 10 ms decay I cannot get rid of stuttering artefacts when the gate is closing.

So I bought TC Electronic Sentry noise pedal and Im trying to figure out how to set it up correctly with Helix LT.

I tried to put it in front of the helix, and even in FX Loop in helix chain between overdrive and amp and every time I cannot get rid of the noice/hiss. When I activate pedal, only about 20% of the noise disappears and the gate isnt shutting down as quickly as it should.

I couldnt figure out how to connect the pedal to helix by two chain method as in attached picture.

Im not sure if there is something wrong with the pedal or if Im doing something wrong. I understand that I should connect it to preamp to eliminate the hiss completely but dont know if its even possible with Helix.

Thank you for any advice! :)

FB_IMG_1655725424326.jpg

Which gate models on the Helix have you tried? Have you tried the Horizon Gate? I find that to be the best sounding one. Also, where are you putting it? It seems to me that there shouldn’t be any stuttering with any of the gates, really. I know this doesn’t answer your question about the external pedal, but it would be better if you could find a way to get the internal gates to work for you.