Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix floor unit IR’s not showing up

scuccato

I have the Helix floor running 3.15 software and the newest Helix edit. I bought the Ownhammer Mesa cab IR pack from the marketplace store here and loaded them using HX edit no problem. 

the issue is if I build a new patch on the physical unit without HX edit the IR’s don’t show up. There’s a couple of factory IR’s but that’s it.

Is there a way to download all of the IR’s onto the floor unit? I searched everywhere and it always shows people using HX edit. 

Just to make sure your workflow is correct...when you're editing IRs on the unit you first add the IR block, then you select the length of the IR.  After that you use the first knob below the screen to scroll through the different IRs you have loaded.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:17 AM, scuccato said:

Is there a way to download all of the IR’s onto the floor unit? I searched everywhere and it always shows people using HX edit. 

Hi,

There is a reason why it always shows people using HX edit. That's because it's how you load IRs into your helix hardware. It's the  Librarian for your Impulse Response files. If the IRs are not loaded into the slots in HX Edit then they will not be available in your Helix.

Click on the Question Mark icon in the lower left of the HX Edit window to access the HX Edit Pilots Guide v3.15 or get it here.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f1049f61fd3077f0eca/application/pdf/HX Edit 3.15 Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

You can also find the information about IRs, here on page 37.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f041b611d61cac763b/application/pdf/Helix 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev F - English .pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense.

The issue isn’t getting the IR using HX edit but if I’m away from my Mac and want to make a new patch on the unit there are none of the Ownhammer IR’s on the Floor unit.

They were imported in HX edit properly and show in the slots, that is how I made my initial patch but can they be stored on the floor unit? Maybe there’s a way to save them directly on the unit I’m missing? 

Ok I figured it out. You need to choose one of the 3 factory IR’s built into the Helix, then edit the block using the 1st knob under the screen to scroll through the IR’s. 

I thought they would all show up on the initial building of the impulse response and that’s what confused me. 

thanks for the responses and the manuals too.

• Thanks 1