Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Set up preset so only the ratchet output goes into the glitch delay

boeg

Hi

So I like using the ratchet for a kinda background beat to jam to, but I was trying to make it more interesting and found out using it in combination with the glitch delay is just perfect. Only problem is that I only want the ratchets "output" to go into the glitch delay. The rest of my signal should not be "glitched", if that makes sense.

I was trying to come up with a way to do it using splits, but I couldn't figure out how to get my desired result.

Hope it makes sense.

Sincerely,

Chris

On 7/21/2022 at 7:53 PM, boeg said:

I was trying to come up with a way to do it using splits, but I couldn't figure out how to get my desired result.

Hope it makes sense.

Hi,

Save a lot of hassle and download the preset in this thread (link below) - it’s named “Boss RC 30.hlx.

Once you have it in your Helix or HX Edit, add the Glitch Delay block on path 2B, behind the Send/Return block named “Boss RC 30” then immediately delete the S/R block. Next add a Ratchet block to replace the block you just deleted. Now you can change any/all the other blocks in the signal chain to suit what you want to do, and the guitar signal will be passed to the Ratchet-Glitch path 2B and through to the output while path 2A continues out un-glitched. Use this .hlx as a template to create as many variations as you like simply by moving things around.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

link: