Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3 Note Generator snapshot problems!

bob_stevens

Hello,

I'm trying to create the synth sounds on 'Crazy' by Gnarls Barkley.

I've adjusted the different 3 note generators on 8 snapshots to get the chords/sounds used but the problem is when changing from certain snapshots.

Going from the G Low snapshot to the Cm snapshot there is a pitch fluctuation up to D then down to the Cm.

This doesn't occur when going from G High to Cm snapshots.

I've attached the preset, so if any ideas how to fix this, if possible, it would be much appreciated. The guitar path I haven't touched.

Original preset - TPR Drone by glassjawslipknot on Customtone.

Thank you,

Bob

New Gnarls Crazy.hlx

Downloaded your preset, and I see you have 4 3-tone generator blocks. 

In reality, you can accomplish chord changes with just one 3-tone generator block.  You can assign the pitch of each note to snapshots.  Let me send you one of my "proof of concept" presets that does a pretty convincing Hammond B3 impersonation, complete with Leslie slow/fast switches. 

The glitch you describe is because you hear two tone generators at once. 

Also if you want the notes to switch instantaneously, then play with the attach/delay/glide parameters. 

Anyway, take a look at my preset, hope it helps.  With snapshots, you can change any parameters of any block.  In my example I change the pitch of the 3 notes.  Also, I used chord inversions so that some of the notes are reused between the chords. 

foot organ+acous.hlx

That preset is bloody brilliant mate! Beats anything I've heard out there for a B3 sound and the smooth change between tones.

Do you have other presets on Customtone or anything?

Thanks for the preset and the advice in using blocks and why I got a glitch, it'll hopefully make creating keys/synth tones a lot easier.

Again, I tip my hat to you on this preset man, really good sound.......I know what I'm doing today!

Much appreciated, thank you and have a great weekend!

• Upvote 1