Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!" going to 3.50

DecanBlu

i was updating to release 3.50. when i came back to after a few minutes I have a message on the Helix LT of "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!" and it will not show any other screen. I have rebooted several times and as it starts up it shows that I am on version 3.50 but then immediately goes to the Boot Failure error and will not do anything else. HX Edit does not even show that I am connected to a device. Any ideas? I am dead in the water right now. Thanks in advance. Jim Newman 

On 11/6/2022 at 4:30 PM, kjmccabe said:

Response to support ticket I opened worked completely - basically put unit in update mode by restart with 6 & 12 button held down then rerun the updater.

Strange that you had to raise a ticket with CS, when the solution had already been suppled in the link above posted by "SaschaFranck". 

Looks like he went to all the trouble of writing a full set of "Failed Installation Recovery Instructions" only to be ignored.

Oh, well - that's life!

On 11/6/2022 at 6:11 PM, datacommando said:

Looks like he went to all the trouble of writing a full set of "Failed Installation Recovery Instructions" only to be ignored.

Maybe next time I should offer a personal visit. With me obviously paying the travel expenses, no less.

On 11/6/2022 at 5:15 PM, SaschaFranck said:

Maybe next time I should offer a personal visit. With me obviously paying the travel expenses, no less.

You have done your best to shine a light in the right direction and we can expect no more that that - it just proves people will still continue to stumble around in the darkness.