Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native won't open problem fixed!

rd2rk

On 11/15/2022 at 11:06 AM, SaschaFranck said:

So what was the problem?

Something on their end. We don't need to do anything, it just works now.

"On a hunch, I made some modifications on our side. When you have chance, go ahead and try launching Reaper and Native again."

• Upvote 1

And fwiw, it's wellknown that at least the demo (and likely the full version too) are calling home all the time whenever they can. The fact that they still work whenever there's no connection doesn't change anything with that. Similar to Bias FX btw, which is trying to call up around 25 web adresses on each launch (nice things such as Googleadservices and Facebook included).

On 11/15/2022 at 12:30 PM, SaschaFranck said:

But how can they otherwise magically fix things in case it's not calling home?

On 11/15/2022 at 12:32 PM, SaschaFranck said:

And fwiw, it's wellknown that at least the demo (and likely the full version too) are calling home all the time whenever they can. The fact that they still work whenever there's no connection doesn't change anything with that. Similar to Bias FX btw, which is trying to call up around 25 web adresses on each launch (nice things such as Googleadservices and Facebook included).

They fixed it on their end. Once the authorization process is properly completed you're good.

As long as it works when you're offline, why would it matter that it tries to call home?

Positive Grid - EWWW! The only amp sim purchase that I totally regret! PITA on EVERY level.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, rd2rk said:

They fixed it on their end. Once the authorization process is properly completed you're good.

Oh, so it was about the authorization, I see. That's another story then.

As long as it works when you're offline, why would it matter that it tries to call home?

Let's say I just don't like it. It also seems to get in the way of quick plugin loading times (at least with Bias FX it does), but I'm not too sure about that as my old cheesgrater Mac Pro is missing things such as AVX instructions, which might be used for the GUI stuff in Native and what not.

Positive Grid - EWWW! The only amp sim purchase that I totally regret! PITA on EVERY level.

Totally agreed. And a horrible company to boot. Been betatesting for them for a while, almost wrote my a** off, pretty detailed reports, feature requests and what not - and when the update was released, they didn't even offer a discount (usually as a tester, you don't pay anything - and that wasn't a public beta or so). They also didn't change anything with the dreaded plugin connecting to half the world, even after people were massively complaining.

"How many more things would you like to mess up?"

Positive Grid: "Yes!"

• Haha 1