Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp current doubler?

ryanbillinger15

Hi. Very new here and I’ve just bought my first line 6 product, a used HX stomp. 
It didn’t come with a power supply, but I think I can power it with my cs12? Everything I’ve read has been confusing and I don’t want to screw anything up. 
I bought this, https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GTRPWR2XCURRL6--gator-current-doubler-cable-for-line-6-pedals-24-inches

can I just plug that into the two 500 outputs on my power supply, straight to the HX stomp? 
thanks for any help in advance. 

On 12/1/2022 at 10:55 AM, SaschaFranck said:

In case they're isolated outputs you're good to go. The HX Stomp is drawing around 900mA in total, so with 2x500mA you're fine.

Thanks so much. I don’t wanna mess it up haha. They’re both still 9v outputs, and this only doubles the current, so I think it’s safe but I’m not an expert at this kinda thing. 

On 12/1/2022 at 5:55 PM, SaschaFranck said:

In case they're isolated outputs you're good to go. The HX Stomp is drawing around 900mA in total, so with 2x500mA you're fine.

I did measure tha actual current draw and it's average higher than 900mA. Also at boot it has sporadic peaks well above 1A.

It will work, but I was getting random boot/NO Audio issues when using two 500 from Zuma. Rare, but happened. Nothing that would put the unit at risk tho.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, PierM said:

I did measure tha actual current draw and it's average higher than 900mA. Also at boot it has sporadic peaks well above 1A.

It will work, but I was getting random boot/NO Audio issues when using two 500 from Zuma. Rare, but happened. Nothing that would put the unit at risk tho.

Awesome. Now…polarity? Do I need to do anything special there other than plug this Gator cable in? No extra adapters? 
I ask a lot of questions. Sorry about that lol. 

On 12/1/2022 at 11:24 PM, ryanbillinger15 said:

Awesome. Now…polarity? Do I need to do anything special there other than plug this Gator cable in? No extra adapters? 
I ask a lot of questions. Sorry about that lol. 

Just be sure you are using the last two ports (the only two with 500mA) of your CS12. No extra actions required. :)

717-DC092-E3-F1-4117-B2-BE-5-F9-EE0-DB61

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1