Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Has anyone done a "side by side" with a OneSpot pro and the provided power supply? I have, and...

daveaphotopod

...the supplied power supply has more lows. Or, appears to have them. What I mean is that when I use the CS6 from 1spot, everything seems crisp. At first I almost assumed it was that sound that the POD GO makes if you try to play a head without a cab (unsure if you've done that yet, even by accident. Doesn't sound great) 

Anyway, I don't know if the provided power supply causes the sound to be....limited? muffled? (I cannot think of a good way to describe it), or if the supply that comes with the POD GO is how it SHOULD sound (as one would assume) and the power supply from 1spot is getting rid of a little of the low end? 

Is this a known "issue"? Has anyone noticed this? Or, can someone or has someone already tested this? I haven't looked on a frequency analyzer, but to my ears, it's obvious. 

On 12/1/2022 at 2:37 PM, daveaphotopod said:

I haven't looked on a frequency analyzer, but to my ears, it's obvious. 

I'd say put it on a analyzer to see what's happening... your ears and mind are biased even when you try not to be. Another option is to simply have someone else switch out the power supplies randomly so you don't know what is used... ie: a blind test. 

I'm not convinced you are hearing what you hear.... digital devices usually crunch numbers or they don't. But my mind is open to the possibility. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:24 AM, codamedia said:

I'd say put it on a analyzer to see what's happening... your ears and mind are biased even when you try not to be. Another option is to simply have someone else switch out the power supplies randomly so you don't know what is used... ie: a blind test. 

I'm not convinced you are hearing what you hear.... digital devices usually crunch numbers or they don't. But my mind is open to the possibility. 

Yeah, you may be right. I'll run the test when I find some time. As you mentioned, I was trying to tell myself that they sound the same, when also convincing myself that I was wrong. Either way, it was in my head and the only way to really know is to test. If I find anything exciting (or hell, if I disprove what I assumed I was hearing), I'll reply with results. 

• Like 1