Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Struggling to understand Mission SP1-L6H Expression Pedal Setup (Stomp XL)

crink

I'm only 2 days into owning my Stomp XL and Mission SP1-L6H and am slowly getting the hang of it. Today I dove into learning how to setup the SP1 pedal. I thought I had it, but ran into an issue I can't figure out.

I bought a preset online. Using HX Edit, I added a wah to that preset and it works great. Then I created a new preset from scratch and added a wah to it, but the "position" parameter doesn't change when the SP1 is on and I move the pedal. Then I created a new preset with nothing but a wah on it, but the "position" parameter still doesn't change.

Global Settings > Preferences

Exp/FS Tip:  Set to "EXP 1"

Exp/FS Ring:  Set to "FS8"

Global Settings > Footswitches

FS7 Function: Set to "AllBypass" 

FS8 Function: Set to "TogglEXP"

Wah Block Preset Settings (same for all 3 mentioned above)

Wah: Conductor

Bypass: Footswitch 1

Position: EXP Pedal 1

I'm clearly missing something, probably something very simple, but haven't been able to figure it out, even after a few hours of internet searches and video watching. Seems like it must be related to some difference between the preset I bought versus the two that I created. I'm happy to provide any additional info needed if anyone is up for helping me figure this out.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:30 PM, crink said:

Bypass: Footswitch 1

Set Bypass = Footswitch 8

On 12/4/2022 at 4:39 PM, rd2rk said:

Set Bypass = Footswitch 8

When I do that, I can't turn the wah on at all with my feet. The pedal switch doesn't do anything. If I manually turn the wah on in HX edit then I can hear it's on, in the heel-down position, but the pedal doesn't change the position parameter. To confirm, these are now my settings:

Bypass: Footswitch 8

EDIT: To add one more piece of info, I exported both the preset I bought and a preset that I built (before changing Bypass to footswitch 8. When I compared the code, the relevant difference I found was that the purchased preset had a "pedalstate" of 1 and the preset I built had a "pedalstate" of 2. I changed my built preset to have a pedalstate of 1 and reimported it and the wah worked. So, I can't figure out what setting in the Stomp XL or HX Edit corresponds to "pedalstate" in the preset code.

On 12/7/2022 at 7:30 PM, crink said:

EDIT: To add one more piece of info, I exported both the preset I bought and a preset that I built (before changing Bypass to footswitch 8. When I compared the code, the relevant difference I found was that the purchased preset had a "pedalstate" of 1 and the preset I built had a "pedalstate" of 2. I changed my built preset to have a pedalstate of 1 and reimported it and the wah worked. So, I can't figure out what setting in the Stomp XL or HX Edit corresponds to "pedalstate" in the preset code.

Got no idea about "pedalstate" in the "code". Once you've configured as above, the preset shouldn't matter, it's GLOBAL. Maybe it refers to Global Settings>EXP Pedals - mine are set to GLOBAL for both. Maybe yours are different, and the purchased preset was otherwise???

On 12/8/2022 at 3:51 AM, rd2rk said:

Got no idea about "pedalstate" in the "code". Once you've configured as above, the preset shouldn't matter, it's GLOBAL. Maybe it refers to Global Settings>EXP Pedals - mine are set to GLOBAL for both. Maybe yours are different, and the purchased preset was otherwise???

Thanks for trying to help. My understanding of the Global Settings > EXP Pedals settings are just whether the position of your pedal applies per preset or globally. If it's set to GLOBAL, then if you're pedal is at 45% in one preset and you switch to a different preset, then the pedal value will stay at 45%.

I did try setting both of those to GLOBAL, but it made no difference. The expression pedal still doesn't change the position value at all in my self-built presets.