Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal Not Working

cs33956

!!SOLUTION!!

I had an issue where my expression pedal stopped working. I reset to factory settings, ensured I was on the latest firmware, and checked settings. The pedal wouldn't toggle between EXP 1 & 2 and wouldn't register any input at all which was unlike any other issue I saw on the forums. I decided to take my pedal apart to see if I could find the issue and to my surprise and relief, the cable connecting the pedal to the board had become detached. Each connector appears to have glue holding it in the socket as opposed to a clip and in my case the glue had broken and the cable had detached. I've attached pictures below pointing out the cable to look for. I didn't think to take a picture before reattaching it and didn't want to risk detaching it again. I hope this helps someone in the future. **Note: I would recommend keeping track of which screw goes where when taking the pedal apart. A few are different sizes** 

image_67181569.JPG

image_67213825.JPG

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I'm having similar problems, but here, the switching between Vol and Wah is still possible. I just don't see the respective change in values, when I move the pedal, even on factory presets. It's always at 100%.

Any ideas? Any other than backup and factory reset? 

Is the optical sensor a system consisting of LED and phototransistor? Could the LED be broken? (I don't know why this seems more probable to me than a broken phototransistor, maybe because we all know broken light bulbs :D ) Would that mean 100% to the sensor?

On 7/6/2023 at 6:16 AM, soerenP said:

I'm having similar problems, but here, the switching between Vol and Wah is still possible. I just don't see the respective change in values, when I move the pedal, even on factory presets. It's always at 100%.

Any ideas? Any other than backup and factory reset? 

Is the optical sensor a system consisting of LED and phototransistor? Could the LED be broken? (I don't know why this seems more probable to me than a broken phototransistor, maybe because we all know broken light bulbs :D ) Would that mean 100% to the sensor?

Couldn't find anything specific on Go, helix LT seems to have a debug mode, but haven't seen anything for that for Go, you might want to try to contact support, or might try to see if you can fix things yourself like cs33956.  This vid shows the LT, but the mechanics should be fairly similar?

Yeah looks pretty similar looking at the pics above, I was curious to see how it work, looks like the small 2 white squares are 2 sensors, and in the case of Go, there's like a relatively big metal plate on top, on LT, it's a thin black metal, with some sort of white covering, ah, so one emits light, the other is a sensor.  So yeah, if your LED is dead, replacing might be the only solution.

If you're lucky could just be a detached cable!